vegan chocolate chip cookies

Jun 27, 2012

I was craving chocolate chip cookies for a few days now. My craving finally made me do it and I baked some cookies. I may be good at cupcake making, but I am FAR from good at making cookies. It is in my top 3 of the least favorite things to bake (cake balls are #1, but taste great), but I had to do it and I am pleased with how it all came out.



Ingredients
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch of cinnamon (optional)
chocolate chips
1 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup water

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and the chips (put in as many as you like) in a large bowl.

3. In a medium bowl, mix the sugar and oil until completely incorporated.

4. Add the vanilla and water to the sugar and oil mixture.

5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix. Be careful to not over mix.

6. Spoon on to a cookie sheet (I put parchment paper on it) and bake for 8 to 12 minutes. The cookies are ready when they look a little bit softer than you want them to be.


**NOTE: The original recipe says to bake for 5 minutes, flip and rotate pan, then bake for 4 more minutes; I found that to be really annoying and not long enough to bake. So, I baked it for 9 minutes and let it go for 2 minutes at a time until I decided they were done. They don't really brown so it is hard to tell when they are completely done but they are really soft at firs then harden up after you take them out.**

Verdict:
This is a really easy recipe even if you aren't vegan and want something really quick. I craved cookies and made these in less than an hour, probably 10 minutes to make the cookies and than bake time. These are not the "best chocolate chip cookies ever" but they get the job done when you are in a hurry and most people have these ingredients at all times. My roommates enjoyed them too so this is a B+ recipe.

1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© oh hello sam. Design by Fearne.