the pacific northwest

Jan 16, 2016

The Pacific Northwest is an amazing place to visit.
Yes, it can be rainy. Yes, it doesn't have a beach with sun. But, it's still awesome.
I have gone on vacation before, the beaches, the sun, the touristy spots; this one was different. It was all about the FOOD. I love trying new restaurants, it's why I have been an Elite Yelper for the last six years! One of my favorite things about new areas is the vegetarian stuff, and most importantly - the ice cream. Yup, I love it.

First stop was in Portland for two days.
We stayed at the Jupiter Hotel, a less cool version of the Ace Hotel. As much as I wanted to stay there, I couldn't deal with the fact that most had a communal bathroom; seriously? Jupiter wasn't awful, it wasn't that bad but I think the rain killed the vibe for us. We were walking distance from a bunch of bars, restaurants, breweries/distilleries. It was a good time. My favorite thing about Portland was Salt&Straw and Blue Star Donuts. Thank you Kelly Purkey and Dana. Following them on Instagram helped find places to eat.

The time in Seattle was similar to other visits, but new for A so I didn't mind stopping at these places again, especially when they're so good anyways. Seattle was all about the pho. I want it back so badly. Also, do you see that picture with the eggs inside the toast!? Eggs in a basket, literally, eggs inside the toast; I was blown away. I love good brunch spot, I wish I could find one locally to me now!

It has reconfirmed the idea that I want to move to Seattle one day. At one point in my life, it was all about sunny California, but I could totally see myself in Seattle or Portland. It's definitely a me type of city.

I can't wait for my next travel adventure.
2016 will hopefully be full of adventures and airplane rides.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© oh hello sam. Design by Fearne.