a list of twenty-five: what life was like at twenty-five

May 7, 2013

As I say goodbye to 25, I look back and I love it.
Even through the terrible events that occurred in my life, I understand that all things happen for a reason. When we embrace change we find exactly what we need and in my case, I found myself. My birthday last year amazing and I thank Steve for spoiling me with NYC, Central Park, and RENT. He made my 25th birthday exactly what I wanted and I love him so much for it. He helped me in so many ways I can not even count. I hope that I gave him as much as he had given me. Now that I am going to start a new year of my life, I can't help but smile when I look back.

  1. I finished my last semester as a graduate student.
  2. I moved home and saved money so I could start my own future; eventually.
  3. Found my female best friend and watched her get married.
  4. Vacationed in Thailand, amazing.
  5. Went to a total of 3 weddings. All great.
  6. Catered a wedding with 125 vegan cupcakes.
  7. Made some amazing new friends and rekindled with old ones.
  8. Went on a first date for the first time in three years.
  9. Weathered through a ridiculous hurricane.
  10. Visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
  11. Took my first trip into the city alone.
  12. Spent time with Steve and I loved every minute we shared together.
  13. Became more responsible with juggling school, work, and being a dog mom.
  14. The love of my life broke my heart.
  15. I picked myself up and began enjoying my life.
  16. Fell in love with Instagram.
  17. Dreamed of moving to California more than anything
  18. Broadened my musical horizon to more mellow
  19. Consistently worked out for the first time, I have abs!
  20. Traveled, not always far but it's okay
  21. Began job searching for a new career
  22. Stuck to being a vegetarian out and about, but eat vegan at home. I still love it.
  23. Realized how lucky I am to have so many wonderful people in my life
  24. Found my bubbly, outgoing personality again
  25. Happy. It was overall happy.

Yes, there were rough patches, but who doesn't have those? I loved twenty-five. I know I am going to love twenty-six.

1 comment

  1. Unfortunately, heartache happens to most people, but you're one tough cookie, and I love your positive/optimistic view on everything. & congrats on the abs!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© oh hello sam. Design by Fearne.