best vegan macaroni salad EVER

Apr 23, 2012

I found the absolute BEST macaroni salad ever. And what's even better about it? It's vegan and I love all things vegan. You can not tell the difference between this macaroni salad and the macaroni salad that I had as a kid on sunny summer days.

The influence? We walked through the park on Saturday morning and it was BEAUTIFUL outside. There were tons of people having picnics and outdoor parties, I said to Steve how much I wanted to have a picnic and grill some food and for summer to make an appearance and sit outside all day. I decided we were going to have some "not-dogs" and macaroni salad. I have never made mac salad, especially vegan, but today (meaning Saturday) was the day.

Conclusions.. the most amazing mac salad ever. Easiest thing to make. So easy that I had to make it 3 times because we ate it all. Pat and Linda loved it as well, it is definitely making a ton of appearance this summer.

I didn't measure the additions of veggies so I can't really say what measures it was, I eyed it out.


Ingredients
Chopped:
  Celery
  Red peppers
  Green peppers
  Carrots
  Red onions
2 cups Macaroni
3/4 cup Vegenaise (Follow Your Heart brand)
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons soy milk
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
Paprika, for garnish

Directions
1. Boil water, cook macaroni, add salt, stirring occasionally. Most of these are about 7-8 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, and place in a large bowl. Add veggie mixture to the macaroni.
2. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, soy milk, vinegar, sugar, and salt and mix well.
3. Combine dressing and macaroni pasta together and cover. Add paprika to the top for garnish. Let sit in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
4. Enjoy its heavenly taste.


And we never made it to Deals Gap *sad face*

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© oh hello sam. Design by Fearne.