vegan mini oreo stuffed cookies

Sep 17, 2012

And the kicker... a mini Oreo stuffed inside of it!

I had attempted this once before with a regular sized Double Stuffed Oreo.. let's just say that it didn't turn out too well. I was a little hesitant to try this because they came out so bad the first time, but OH-EM-GEE, these were delicious. I think everything is cuter in mini form, but that could just be me. I found the recipe on VegWeb (that amazing website), the thing I like about this recipe is that it has really simple ingredients that you probably already have around the house!


Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
2 cups unbleached flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil*
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips
pinch of cinnamon
bag of mini Oreos

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.

In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add chips. Make a small "well" in the middle for the wet ingredients.

In a medium size bowl, add together sugar and oil (*I felt the 1/2 cup was too much so I used about 1/3 cup). Mix well. Add the vanilla and room temperature water. Mix well.

Combine the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.

Using a melon ball scooper, take out 1 scoop for the top and 1 scoop for the bottom of the Oreo and seal the edges together so you can't see the Oreo anymore. Squish it down to the size you would like.

Place onto parchment paper on your cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Take them out of the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, transfer to wire cooling rack to cool.

Enjoy!


cookie anyone?
A shot of Almond milk to go with it.

1 comment

  1. I think I just gained 60 pounds looking at these. HAHA. They look fantastic. Who doesn't love Oreo's in anything!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© oh hello sam. Design by Fearne.