and so it begins

Dec 17, 2013

It begins during a fantastic weekend with someone I really enjoy being around.
Someone who makes me feel like it's worth it.



The distance won't be so bad.
It helps you become a better communicator.
It'll bring us closer.
And make us cherish the moments we get to spend together.



The four days we got to spend together was really great.
I think my favorite part of our weekend was the snow. He's never seen snow, never walked in it, or played in it. I was really excited to be there for that first time. It's like watching a little kid stepping in the snow to see his footprints. Unfortunately, we didn't get to build a snowman, but I did throw a snowball at him. I explained the difference between the powdery snow and compact snow.
Him and Fifa got along really well. One of the most important things to consider.
He loved her and kept telling me he was going to take her with him, ha. She is a lovely, crazy, snuggly dog. I was happy.


We stayed local the first two nights.
I took him to some of my favorite restaurants. We walked around a lot in the snow so he could see my little town, which I love. My town is full of small business owners and 'mom-and-pop' places; it's my favorite type.



We ventured into the city to see the Christmas tree. I love the Rockefeller tree, no matter how many times I see it - it will always be great. We stumbled upon the Christmas ornaments on our way to Shake Shack, a new found love of mine in NYC.





We spent time doing nothing and enjoying each others company.
I couldn't be happier to have someone who is so endearing. He makes me laugh and he talks to me.
Completely open about whatever I need to talk about; my history hasn't led me to a place where I am completely comfortable with all of it. He helped me be more comfortable.


The distance isn't going to be easy, but it's worth it.


1200 miles isn't so bad right?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© oh hello sam. Design by Fearne.