vegan minestrone

Jan 9, 2014


Since the weather has been so cold I decided to make soup!  This is the first time I have ever made soup and was inspired by my brothers girlfriend, A.  She made soup and I was amazed at how easy it was to just throw things in a pot, boil it, then eat it!  So my first attempt at minestrone soup, a few errors were made.  Note to self: add less pasta.


Ingredients
4 cups water
1 tablespoon olive oil
chopped onion
1 can 28-oz diced tomato
3 stalks celery
1/3 cup frozen peas
2 chopped carrots
1 can white bean, rinsed
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup elbow pasta

Everything for me is an approximation.  I like to just throw things in a pot and see how it goes, sometimes it works out, other times it does not.  Boil water and add olive oil.  Add all ingredients except pasta.  Boil on medium for 5 minutes then add pasta and boil according to the package (usually 7-8 minutes).  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Mine wasn't full of flavors because I didn't add tons of spices and salt.  I wanted it to be simple and healthier.


I added wayyyyyyy too much pasta and in return, the pasta soaked up most of the broth.  Big mistake.  So next time, I am aware of this and will actually only put 1 cup of pasta and not pour a bunch in and pretend to know what I am doing.

With the cold weather, this has helped keep me a little warmer.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© oh hello sam. Design by Fearne.