why i blog

May 24, 2014

While walking Fifa around the neighborhood last night, I was listening to episode 7 of Elise's podcast with Ann-Marie. These two are probably my top favorite bloggers and I can't even recall how I happened to stumble upon them (like most of the blogs I read), but I love reading them. After listening to it, I wondered why do I blog? What really is my incentive? And I realized..

None.

I have no hidden agenda to the reasoning of this blog, other then I really enjoy writing in it, for myself and to whomever chooses to follow along. When I was in high school I had a blog over at LiveJournal, it was the thing back then, but really it was for causing cat fights. Lame. I know. I never said I was a genius at 16.

When I began this blog, the reason for it was to document my Project Life pages for others to view, while allowing my parents, who live overseas for half the year, to be updated. My mom read it, I'm not sure if she still reads this but it has become my own little journal. My former boyfriend was also a reader and a full supporter in my journey to make this little space, as well as supporting all of my little side notes. Even after we broke up, he continued to read it, which probably was a terrible idea since I constantly vented about our break-up. Sorry about that.


But that's the thing, this is a space to vent, to share, to create something for myself.
It's what helped me through my break-up and right now, it's helping me figure out what to do in my current love life...

I share what I want to share, yet have not made a huge deal about having a blog to my friends in real life. I can't tell if it's because of embarrassment or just because I don't think they would have an interest. This space is for me and to find others who share the similar passion of just telling our stories. I'm not a mom, engaged, or have a real boyfriend, but I can relate to a lot of other people who blog. There are some blog posts that have gotten me through tough times and some that have helped my 'creativity' grow - and I enjoy it.


Blogging helps me.

It lets me write down how I'm feeling and what I'm thinking. I have a hard time getting my feelings out without sounding like a total ass. My mind goes crazy and I get anxiety from trying to think too much and say the correct thing. This helps me filter myself into what I truly want to say.

My blog pushes me to do more and it is one thing I love about it.
I love to cook and bake, I love to be crafty and although I can not do it on a consistent basis because, well life, I really like having it there when I need it. It has never crossed my mind to think hey, I want to do this professionally, it's just not my thing, but it works for me.

This little space of mine may never turn into a crazy lifestyle blog, but I will love it no matter what. I will always come back here to my little space on the Internet and click through the archives and see how much has changed over the years. I've been doing this for two years, two years! I can not believe I have been somewhat consistent over these last few years. It's wonderful in my eyes.


I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have.
For those of you who stop by and read - thank you, thank you, thank you. It does mean a lot to me and I love finding new blogs to read so, stop by, say hi and let's be friends :)

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© oh hello sam. Design by Fearne.