watkins glen visit

May 29, 2017

The weather called for rain the entire weekend but we got lucky and it was mostly sunny. It rained today in the morning, which was helpful for us since we didn't have to water the grass with our too-short hose. We have been desperately trying to grow the grass from our driveway project. We spent our weekend at GlassFest watching fireworks, eating out, and yard work.

Yesterday was a beautiful day. We could not have asked for better weather for an outdoor hike around Watkins Glen State Park. I have lived in this area for almost two years and finally visited! It is a staple in our area, I can't believe it took so long for me to get there. It was a bit crowded but it is to be expected on a beautiful holiday weekend. A few of our friends college friends came to town and we headed there in the morning.

I mentioned to Liam that I may want to take our engagement photos here because it is so beautiful, but it would have to be when it isn't so crowded during the off-season. Less people, better pictures! I'll have to mention it to our photographer.


After our visit to the gorge, we stopped at the wineries on the West side of Seneca Lake. My favorite winery on our stop is Herman J. Wiemer, a good and tasty Late Harvest Riesling and the too-expensive Riesling Josef Vineyard 2015. We went home with a bottle of Late Harvest and I can't wait to crack it open on a nice summer night with a delicious homemade dinner.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© oh hello sam. Design by Fearne.