vegan blueberry pancakes

Sep 24, 2012


I love pancakes for breakfast.
When I was young, my mom would make them silver dollar sized because I had this idea in my head that mini pancakes taste better than regular pancakes. I still, somewhat, have that same idea. I make Steve the normal size and myself, the minis.

The first time I ever used this recipe was with his mom. We tweaked the original recipe by one step: the baking powder. On the original recipe, they say not to change it to teaspoons, but I think it is better this way. The pancake batter is thick so beware when pouring it onto the pan. I like them a lot more thin, so next time I think I will add more soymilk. The thing I love about this recipe is most of these ingredients are usually on hand everyday- those are the best kinds of recipes!


Pancake Batter
Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon organic sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup soymilk
2 tablespoons canola oil
fresh or frozen blueberries

Directions:
Set a stove element with a pan to medium heat.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.

Add the soymilk and canola oil to wet mixture. Add blueberries, making sure they don't all sink to the bottom.

Mix until smooth.

Spoon batter onto pan.

Flip when bubbles appear in the middle of the pancake or when ready.

Repeat until batter is finished.

Source: adapted from Food.com



After they are all finished, I like to top it off with some fresh strawberries and bananas. Plus heating up pure maple syrup for 30 seconds to make it warm!


Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© oh hello sam. Design by Fearne.