ten things i'm thankful for right now

Nov 22, 2012

During this holiday season this seems to be the perfect post. Thanksgiving, being thankful, family and friends, and having off of work (ha).


ONE | My parents. Through the tough time I am having right now with my living situation I am so thankful I have them to lean on and to help me. I know that no matter what happens I can always move home and have a place to stay. Although they are leaving on Sunday they will help me however they can from far away. Technology is a beautiful thing in this situation. It has been difficult these past few days and to have their support with my move is wonderful. I love my childhood home too so it is great.

TWO | Steve. I am not sure what I would do without him in my life. He is so supportive in everything I do and is so encouraging through all of the stress. Between school, my living situation, our future, and everything he is so amazing. He helps me whenever I need it, especially when it comes to taking care of our baby Fiferdood. I love our family and how much we truly love each other.

THREE | This blog. Never did I think I would continue to update this blog over and over again. It has been so special to have a place to write down what is going on and to keep family updated when they are not around. It has brought another sense of community to my life, I love to read old posts and look at others lives as well. Again, thank you for technology in bringing us all together.

FOUR | Determination. This year has been a crazy year of determination and focus. Being a full time student and working a full time "big girl" job is not easy. Not. At. All. My life has been full of homework, papers, and lists. I love the lists, they really do help me get through everything. If it was not for my determination, I would not be finishing my Masters degree as quickly as I am.

FIVE | Friends. They are some of the greatest people I know. My best friend moved out and away, got engaged, and still is there when I need it. My new roommate, Taylor, is pretty awesome and I am going to miss the nights where we sit around and do nothing together talking about recipes. My high school friends and all of the new ones I have made this year. They mean so much.

SIX | Vegetarianism. The best decision I have ever made regarding my health. I could not be happier to have made this decision and even though this is the time for turkey, I am thankful I no longer eat it. I feel better about my health and my body. I know that the decision was mine, although some people think this was Steve's "fault," I made the decision myself and have never regretted it. Cooking has never been so fun. I will never turn back.

SEVEN | Project Life. I love love love this project so much. It makes memory keeping so much easier, so much more fun, and the organization of it is wonderful. I am so excited to share this book with my future children and have the ability to look back on these years with Steve and smile. I love the idea of this book. It has made documenting and keeping notes on my life so much fun. Thank you Becky Higgins for creating something so wonderful.

EIGHT | Having a job at a University. I could not be more thankful to have this job a) because the economy is so bad and I have a job and b) I get to go to school for free. Yes free. And by free I mean they pay for my tuition and I pay for the extra computer, online, whatever else fees. The University pays for about $9000 and I pay maybe $1000. It. Is. Wonderful. I will graduate with a Masters degree with no debt whatsoever. It is great. I could not be happier with this outcome and this job.

NINE | Fiferdoodle bear. Her nickname is longer than her real name but it is so much more fun to say. She is everything to me. I could not ask for a better dog than this one. No other dog snuggles as good as she does. She has made me grow up faster than I had ever expected. She is the best thing ever.

TEN | Holiday spirit. I love the holiday spirit during this time of the year. I love what it brings out in people, although I believe people should be this way all of the time I am happy to see others helping one another. I am happy to see the spirit of the holiday's bring out the good.


Enjoy your Thanksgiving. Be thankful for all that you have and appreciate those around you.




This idea comes from Ali Edwards' post and I loved it so I decided to participate!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© oh hello sam. Design by Fearne.