qotm/this week

Apr 26, 2013

I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. - Marilyn Monroe


When my love life was falling apart around me my best friend P kept me strong. Through the constant phone calls, texts, and pep talks she always knew exactly what to say to make me feel like I would be okay. One of my favorite things was this quote. Because when I look at my life right now, things are falling together and I smile.

This past weekend I met up with him to get the rest of my things back.
I had been waiting for this moment for a long time and if you had asked me a month ago how I saw it going, I would have told you that I wanted to pour my heart out and tell him how much he had hurt me and how I could not believe the way he went about this whole situation. In reality, it didn't go like that. We sat in a parking lot where we used to go to the movies and talked. We asked how we were and we awkwardly laughed at each other and we were happy that the other was doing well. I genuinely was happy to hear he was doing well and a bit sad to see us this way.

Can we be friends?
I have no idea.
Do I want to be?
I have no idea because before we met up, I assumed I would never speak to him again after I received my things. And who knows, maybe that will happen.
We are both happy and I am content with that.

I find it a bit amusing talking about my ex, considering tonight I am going out to dinner with my ex from high school. But those feelings with M don't exist. We dated so long ago and we were still friends afterwards. He is in town for a few weeks and I have no problem seeing him and I am so excited to see him. It's been over 3 years. People that say you can not be friends with your ex are not always right.



This week has been a blur.
  • I went to J's volleyball games. I am awkward. I have no idea what is wrong with me. I could talk to a brick wall and have a full conversation, yet with him - I am tongue tied and have no idea what to say. I am not myself and it confuses me. I just don't think I'm ready, but it was enjoyable.
  • Presentations this week. Classes are just about done. One class is completely done for me. OMG.
  • Bars on a Wednesday night? Yes. I am getting too old for that though. I love my friends. Pictures soon to come. Graduation week has been planned, decorations have been getting ready. We are all ready. KBSJ. We can not wait.

Volunteering this weekend. BBQs and friends. Homework. I love the sunny weather that is approaching.


Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© oh hello sam. Design by Fearne.